Friday, July 1, 2011

A Brand New Start

Hi there! I've been meaning to start a blog for a while now and, given our new start on life, I think it's a perfect time. The last few months have been crazy and I feel like we've been in a whirlwind of deadlines, panic and last-minute organization. Let me clear things up a little. In the last 10 weeks, we:
  • Bought our first apartment
  • Moved into said apartment
  • Sold all of our old furniture
  • Bought new furniture
  • Took 6 weeks vacation and went to Australia (via Montreal)
  • Got married on a tiny little island in the Great Barrier Reef surrounded by 40 of our closest family and friends in a mostly-DIY wedding.
Talk about stress. And now we are back in Canmore, nestled in Canada's Rocky Mountains, starting our not-so-crazy life together and waiting for my Canadian residency to kick in. In the mean time, our new apartment needs some renovating. Badly. There is a wall I want to demolish, but I've been told it's low on our priority list. And it's true - getting rid of the bright blue and yellow walls comes first. And the entire apartment smells of dog.

To make things a tad urgent, my husband just got a new job that allows him to work from home, so our plans to turn our spare room into a dining room have been neglected in favour of a shiny, new home office. We have exactly one month to have everything ready for him to work from home.


I guess we're not out of the 'crazy' zone just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment