Saturday, December 10, 2011

Felt & Ribbon Christmas Wreath

Seeing as we're heading to Montreal for Christmas this year, we didn't see the point in decorating / hauling 4 large boxes of Christmas decorations up 2 flights of stairs. That's not to say I am not getting into the spirit, but anything that adorns our tiny place must be made from scratch or arrive in the mail.

Oh, but I did insist on having a 'real' Christmas tree. Safeway had some in their flower section for $5. It's about 10 inches tall and Oh-So-Cute. Perfect for the mantle... but we didn't read the growth information card until we got home. Maximum height when fully grown: 15 feet.

I would freak out if I had any talent as a green thumb. Because I have been known to kill a cactus, however, if I can keep it alive until then I will not curse it's inconvenient height, but rather celebrate my own knack for gardening.

So this is my attempt at a wreath using the supplies in my craft desk. It's a bit flat and pretty tiny, but for $1 and 15 minutes of labour, I think it will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment