Friday, January 13, 2012

DIY Dog Toys

Molly is a VERY spoiled puppy. Thanks to Christmas gift-giving, she now has over 20 store-bought toys. And already, she has tired of most of them.

So this was my attempt to amuse her last weekend. She LOVED it and it has been her favourite toy this week.

You will need:
An empty soda bottle (the 600mL Coca-Cola variety works well - lots of ridges for her to get her teeth into)
The arm off an old sweater

  1. Tie a knot in one end of the sweater sleeve.
  2. Remove the lid of the soda bottle and shove it into the sleeve.
  3. Tie a knot in the other end, trapping the bottle (hubby had to do this so I wouldn't break a nail)
  4. Give to puppy.

By chance, the sweater I used made the toy look like a giant sausage.
She loved squeezing the bottle so that it made a crunching sound, different to her numerous squeakers that all sound the same.
And yes, she is chewing through the sweater - but I don't mind because it was FREE (and I kept the other sleeve so I can eventually make another giant sausage for her)

No comments:

Post a Comment